Sunday, January 3, 2010

VERY late Friday report

Hi all, so sorry this is so late. I’ve been in bed for the last 2 ½ days with my lovely friend Fibromyalgia!

 

Thursday, New Year;s eve was terrific. I had Bonnie, Nigel, Sue and her hubby James, Debbie and her hubby Eric my friends Ang and Johnny over for dinner. We all thought it was REALLY funny that I was cooking for our regular Friday volunteer who wasn’t coming in the next day because she would be hung-over J  We all had a nice time together and it really reminded me that we, as a group have to keep up with the social ‘fun’ stuff. So Deb Cole and I will be chatting in the next couple weeks to figure out our next fun day.

 

So Friday, I couldn’t get out of bed. I was just beat from cooking and cleaning for the 10 guests we had for dinner. The fibro pain was horrific! Mirek started the first runs at about 4pm and after quite a few heavy pain killers I joined him at about 6ish. The first group was Marla, Jasper and Storm. Someone in Jasper/Storm’s cage had red poop. It looked like they had eaten red blanket but there was no red blanket in the cage. All else was good and they had about 3 hours out-of cage time.

 

Baby and Ross were group #2. It was a nice surprise to see their cage (Baby/Cutie) pretty clean! I guess we now know it’s Bob who is the slob? Ross and Baby were out for about 2 hours and I found them cuddled up together in one of those lovely doughnuts on the floor.

 

Baby stayed out and I let Cutie be with him for group #3. Baby mostly slept but Cutie was his good ‘ol self.

 

Group #4 was the big group of 7. They were out for about 2 ½ hours and still going strong!! Poops were good, a little soft all around. My apologies to Katie, I cleaned as many cages as I could but can’t bend to clean the lower cages so I didn’t.

 

Mirek once again helped me clean the rooms after play-time and was still so shocked that ferrets manage to get poop UNDER the litter boxes. The floor was lightly mopped as I was still in a lot of pain and Mirek was super tired from a long day of playing ‘ferret dad’.

 

Hope everyone had a super holiday season and a very happy New Year!

 

Love Randy

No comments: